QTL may use the real estate or sell it and utilize the funds. Donated appreciated real estate allows you a charitable deduction at the current market value and avoidance of capital gain tax. Gift of a Retained Life Estate is another way to give. This gift gives you the option to live in your home until such time that you pass ownership to QtL.
If you have property to donate, we are open for the following:
- A primary or secondary residence, single and/or multi-family homes
- Vacation home
- Commercial building
- Apartment Building
- Parcel of land
- A free space to host our meetings and events (Capacity of 10 – 50 ppl)
Emergency Kits – If you would like to provide non-monetary donations to Queer the Land, we are often building emergency kits for our community and we often need:
- First Aid Kits
- Waterproof Backpack or Duffel Bag
- Dust or surgical masks
- Water treatment tablets
- Pocket knifes
Office Supplies and Equipment – Tangible supplies and equipment that will aid in our operations.
- Working laptops or desktop computers
- Office furniture (desks, chairs, conference room tables)
- Filing cabinets
- Basics – Paper, pens, paper clips, printer ink, stapler and staples, etc.
Household Goods – Home furnishings in good condition to furnish our property.
- Couches and lounge chairs
- Coffee tables
Vehicles – There is a need for transportation to transport those with disabilities, equipment and everyday.
Donations to Queer the Land will help fund our housing project, BASE, resource sharing, and organizational operations. You may donate by credit or debit card, or check by mailing it directly to us. For other donation options, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.